Requirements to Adopt
It is our responsibility to find the best possible homes for the dogs and cats in our care. We consider important details in finding the right fit, such as a person's home, interests and lifestyle. We then match those with an animal's social, exercise and training needs. Some of our animals have special needs or requirements like being an only pet or medical issues or they may not be good with kids etc....Therefore we reserve the right to deny an adoption if we feel it is not a good fit or in the animal's best interest.
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid, government issued, photo ID with you with your current address on it
- Must have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in the household.
- Must receive proof of pet deposit and lease allowing pets if renting.
- Must be able and willing to spend the time and money necessary to provide training, medical treatment and responsible care for a pet including yearly vaccinations, check up and monthly heartworm prevention (for dogs)
All of our dogs and cats receive the following before going into a new home:
- Vaccinations: DHPP-Parvo/Bordatella for dogs and puppies. FVRCP for cats and kittens
- Rabies vaccination
- Spay or Neuter
- Heartworm test and treatment if necessary.
- We keep our dogs on monthly heartworm and flea/tick preventive while in our care.
- Treatment of any known illness
- All pets have been evaluated for health and behavior
Adopters receive the following:
- Adoption counseling to help the adopter select the dog or cat best suited to the family and home environment
- Educational materials (see our website for information too)
- Microchip ID and lifetime registration
- Pet Insurance for one month
- Rabies Tag for animals over four months of age
- Medical records documenting the pet's vaccinations/date of testing & neuter
Adoption Donation Fees:
- $125 for cats and kittens
- $200 for dogs
- 250 for puppies (under 6 months of age)
- The Adoption Fee helps us to cover the costs of all the animals in our care, including: tests, vaccinations, microchipping, spay/neuter surgery, medications, surgeries, rehabilitation and boarding. Any donations over the stated adoption fees are greatly appreciated. On average, we spend more than the adoption donation fee for each animal in our care.
Fill out the online application. We will get back to you within 48 hours ( we are an all volunteer organization). We will review the application with you by phone if there are any concerns or questions. We will require a home check for all dog adoptions and some cat adoptions. Once approved, you will sign an adoption contract and pay the adoption donation fee. Note: we will always take back an animal if you can no longer keep them for any reason